Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Finding BuddaBudda players online

Postby Mort » Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:29 pm

If you don't want to add us to your buddy lists in-game, then you can try:

this link from Game Monitor or

this link from Server Spy.

This is of course only looking for BF2142 games which is pretty much all we are playing at the moment.

And of course, if you want to join us on Teamspeak, don't forget to read the TeamSpeak guide.

Piers
Comfortable with my sexuality

Re: Finding BuddaBudda players online

Postby Piers » Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:54 pm

I've stolen PFPN Clan's idea of putting an iframe of the Game Monitor search on the homepage, let me know if you hate it. Being a web professional ,I made it show the first rown of the search return down, rather than the top of the page. :)

CrazyKnifeBoy

Postby CrazyKnifeBoy » Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:00 pm

Piers wrote:I've stolen PFPN Clan's idea of putting an iframe of the Game Monitor search on the homepage, let me know if you hate it. Being a web professional ,I made it show the first rown of the search return down, rather than the top of the page. :)

How the hell do you anchor the iframe so you don't have to scroll down? CKMan and me couldn't figure out how to do it :x

http://z6.invisionfree.com/CrazyKnifeClan/index.php? Scroll all the way to the bottom of the page to see it

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:25 pm

Piers wrote:I've stolen PFPN Clan's idea of putting an iframe of the Game Monitor search on the homepage, let me know if you hate it. Being a web professional ,I made it show the first rown of the search return down, rather than the top of the page. :)

Sweet, can you make the frame a tad bigger as well? When there are a lot of people on (not often I know) but it would be good not to have to scroll so much.

CKBoy:
You can just use "view source" to see what he's done

Code: Select all

<iframe style="margin-left:30px" src="http://www.game-monitor.com/search.php?search=%5bBB%5d&type=player&game=bf2142&location=5000#r1" width="600" height="130" scrolling="yes">
Find us online via <a href="http://www.game-monitor.com/search.php?search=%5bBB%5d&type=player&game=bf2142&location=5000#r1">Game Monitor</a>
</iframe>

Piers

Postby Piers » Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:33 pm

CrazyKnifeBoy wrote:

How the hell do you anchor the iframe so you don't have to scroll down? CKMan and me couldn't figure out how to do it :x

http://z6.invisionfree.com/CrazyKnifeClan/index.php? Scroll all the way to the bottom of the page to see it

Oh, sorry, I was wondering if it was actually CrazyKnife that had done it - you can link to an element with an id as well as an <a name>, I noticed the first search result had id="r1", so I just stuck #r1 at the end of the URL.
Simple, but only if you know how!
Last edited by Piers on Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Piers

Postby Piers » Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:35 pm

Mort wrote:Sweet, can you make the frame a tad bigger as well? When there are a lot of people on (not often I know) but it would be good not to have to scroll so much.

Sure, I didn't want it to be too big, but maybe 5 rows is a bit measley, I'll bump it up a bit.
For reference, 120 pixels is around 4.25 rows, so we could estimate the rows are around 25-27 pixels high, with 1px borders.

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:40 pm

Ijust noticed something odd.. when I open the main page now it's "auto-scrolling" down to make the game monitor link visible so I lose the top of my BB page!

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:34 am

I decided I don't like the Game-Monitor thing at the bottom of the page. When it finds people online it keeps pulling the window focus down to the iframe, and if it's slow to load then the slide-in menu banner takes forever to appear.

I think a link down the side in the quick-links section is better for the times people actually want to use it.

Piers

Postby Piers » Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:21 am

Mort wrote:I decided I don't like the Game-Monitor thing at the bottom of the page. When it finds people online it keeps pulling the window focus down to the iframe, and if it's slow to load then the slide-in menu banner takes forever to appear.

I think a link down the side in the quick-links section is better for the times people actually want to use it.

Done, and I've cleaned up those links a bit, and added the new stats beta.

Mort
Alpha-Forum Whore
Alpha-Forum Whore

Postby Mort » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:13 am

Cool, we can probably take that top link to the tables out now as well.

I noticed last night that the CrazyKnife forums were painfully slow to load as well, and it was coz they have the game monitor thing as a footer on all their pages.

Return to “FAQ”